A Singaporean nationwide – Lee Wei Kim – has been taken into custody for kidnapping his enterprise colleague Mark Cheng Jin Quan, 32, in Thailand this week. Thai actor Chano Pemberger, whose automobile police mentioned was used within the kidnapping, can be beneath investigation as his car was tagged within the alleged crime. Thailand information supply Thairath mentioned the car used within the kidnapping was registered to Pemberger, a 24-year-old actor who appeared in a number of cleaning soap operas some years in the past.
Extra from the Bankok Publish:
Thai police Sunday arrested the alleged kidnapper, Singaporean Lee Wei Kim, and recovered many of the ransom, price THB1.four million (US$46,000) and paid in bitcoin by Mark Cheng Jin Quan.
Cheng, who isn’t any angel – was charged in Singapore final 12 months with dishonest misappropriation of over S$300,000 from an funding firm in 2014 and is now out on bail. Hew based a startup nonprofit referred to as Avelife Basis and a mere 4 years in the past was personally granted an award from Queen Elizabeth for a undertaking that helped the aged change recyclable supplies for groceries.
The 2 males seem to have met by way of the Bitcoin group in Singapore.
“I didn’t anticipate my good friend to be concerned. I actually don’t know who I can belief now,” Cheng was quoted in The New Paper.
Occasion although Cheng paid his captors greater than $60,000 in Bitcoin for his freedom, he informed police Kim was nonetheless going to execute him at gunpoint till he managed to flee on the final minute.
In line with the Straight Instances, Cheng and Lee flew into Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Worldwide Airport final week and caught a taxi collectively. The alleged kidnapper Lee requested to cease at a petroleum station about an hour southeast of the capital in Chachoengsao province, the place they had been mentioned to be ambushed by a gaggle of masked males and hustled right into a black Ford Ranger then they had been taken north to the Kabin Buri district of Prachinburi province.
Cheng was then overwhelmed and compelled to pay bitcoin for his freedom however managed to flee.
The police hunted down Lee and shortly arrested him Sunday at a Bangkok lodge and managed to get well many of the stolen funds from him.
He was charged with theft, unlawful detention, assault and unlawful firearms possession. The police mentioned he confessed to all counts together with theft, unlawful detention, assault and unlawful firearms possession.
- United Africa Blockchain Affiliation Plans to Hearth Up Blockchain Adoption – January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Sufferer’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean Nationwide in Thailand – January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Funding In Digital Securities – January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or With out NBA Inexperienced Mild – January 13, 2020
- European Central Financial institution President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies – January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Firm Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Dealer-Supplier – January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based mostly Leisure Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Digital Horse Racing Recreation – January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Firm Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 – January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Spend money on $5 million Seed Spherical for TaxBit – January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Sequence A funding spherical Led by WisdomTree – January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Particular person-Based mostly Information Market – January 7, 2020
- The Subsequent Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Cell Mining is Gaining Huge Adoption – January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore – January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Trade Engine in Telegram – December 31, 2019
- Josh Lawler: Distributed Info — The Lacking Hyperlink to Fixing “Faux Information” – December 31, 2019
- 2gether Provides WAVES to it’s Roster of Cryptocurrencies Built-in to the 2gether Pay as you go Visa Card – December 18, 2019
- 2nd Open Name for EU-Funding As much as Fairness-Free €200Ok Funding for 16 Fortunate Blockchain Startups to Construct MVPs – December 16, 2019
- Semiconductor Big AMD Cuts Advertising and marketing Take care of Blockchain Video games Distribution Platform Extremely to Push Subsequent-generation Blockchain-powered Gaming – December 13, 2019
- Busted: 4 Males in $722 Million Cryptocurrency Fraud Scheme – December 12, 2019
- Busted: SEC Nais Eran Eyal, Founding father of UnitedData With Fraudulent ICO – December 12, 2019
View All Articles
Additionally printed on Medium.