Dr. Marc Fleury Ph.D. a well-known open-source guru and founding father of JBoss (acquired by Redhat for $420 million in 2006) has introduced the launch of Two Prime, a fintech agency that focuses on the monetary functions of crypto to the true economic system. Atomic Capital founder Alexander S. Blum will probably be performing COO and Fleury will helm the venture as CEO. They plan to introduce what they are saying is a brand new breed of cryptocurrency with safeguard mechanisms that use actual property.
In a press launch, Fleury stated:
“It’s been 11 years since Satoshi Nakamoto printed the now notorious Bitcoin Whitepaper. Regardless of its debut instead monetary structure in response to the monetary disaster, crypto has but to succeed in its full potential as a viable asset. The trade has largely been centered on discovering blockchain’s ‘killer app,’ which has not been fruitful up to now and largely ignores Bitcoin’s authentic thesis — monetary functions. To ensure that the trade to mature and evolve, we should refocus on finance and try the place crypto has succeeded. Particularly, crypto has succeeded 1) as a retailer of worth; 2) in speedy fund formation, as demonstrated throughout the ICO increase; and three) within the prevalent use of asset-backed tokens within the markets. By bridging the very best practices of conventional finance and crypto, our purpose is to create a brand new asset class by making use of conventional monetary fashions and theories to crypto and bringing belief and professionalism to the trade.”
Primarily based in Hong Kong, the corporate is providing a Steady Token Providing (CTO) with a view to construct funds raised to assist make crypto a correct new asset class that appeals extra to the monetary world.
“One of many biggest successes of cryptocurrencies is in speedy fund formation, as demonstrated throughout the ICO increase,” stated Alexander S. Blum. “In 2017, seed funding for startups by way of tokens choices on exchanges overtook personal fairness. As VCs usually shun the seed stage, it stuffed a distinct segment that conventional monetary gamers left unaddressed. In stark distinction with VC or PE constructions that lock up restricted companions to their investments for years, the ICOs offered a liquid instrument for purchasers. Sadly, in a basic case of misallocation, many ICOs in 2017 wasted their proceeds on ineffective tech, lavish events, and illicit actions. With the CTO, Two Prime goals to deliver conventional asset allocation to crypto with a view to reignite speedy fund formation, restore the trade’s popularity, and professionalize the crypto markets.”
In response to a report by David Pan at Coindesk, Two Prime intends to launch an preliminary 5 million tokens (simply 5 p.c of the 100 million to be created in complete) onto the secondary markets, with the remainder being launched over the following 10 years which mirrors the method taken by Ripple and its XRP gross sales and extra resembles fairness fundraising.
Two Prime’s FF Accretive Token (FF1) will initially to be traded on Japan-based crypto trade Liquid in late February, beginning at $three per token.
Calling it a brand new breed of token on their web site, they add that the FF Accretive Token (FF Token) is an element Retailer of Worth and half Asset-Backed token and worker a mannequin that leverages the fund formation dynamics of crypto exchanges by way of the Steady Token Providing.
“A Steady Token Providing permits a list to fund itself over time whereas exhibiting actual progress to the markets, changing the atom bomb of ICOs right into a managed and sustainable nuclear reactor.”
CEO Fleury has apparently dedicated $2 million of his private wealth to the fund and in addition revealed to CoinDesk the primary outdoors investor in its token is Hong Kong-based personal fairness agency SIB Funding Ltd.
- Open Supply Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Area with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Steady Token Providing Sale – January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Convention 2020 – January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Answer, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Collection A Spherical Led By NGC Ventures – January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Affiliation Plans to Fireplace Up Blockchain Adoption – January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Sufferer’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean Nationwide in Thailand – January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Funding In Digital Securities – January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or With out NBA Inexperienced Gentle – January 13, 2020
- European Central Financial institution President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies – January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Firm Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Dealer-Supplier – January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Primarily based Leisure Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Digital Horse Racing Recreation – January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Firm Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 – January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Put money into $5 million Seed Spherical for TaxBit – January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Collection A funding spherical Led by WisdomTree – January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Individual-Primarily based Information Market – January 7, 2020
- The Subsequent Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Cell Mining is Gaining Huge Adoption – January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore – January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Trade Engine in Telegram – December 31, 2019
- Josh Lawler: Distributed Info — The Lacking Hyperlink to Fixing “Faux Information” – December 31, 2019
- 2gether Provides WAVES to it’s Roster of Cryptocurrencies Built-in to the 2gether Pay as you go Visa Card – December 18, 2019
- 2nd Open Name for EU-Funding As much as Fairness-Free €200Ok Funding for 16 Fortunate Blockchain Startups to Construct MVPs – December 16, 2019
View All Articles
Additionally printed on Medium.